1And Job answereth and saith: —
1约伯自述苦况
2O that my provocation were thoroughly weighed, And my calamity in balances They would lift up together!
2“但愿称称我的烦恼,把我的灾害一起放在天平上。
3For now, than the sands of the sea it is heavier, Therefore my words have been rash.
3现在这些都比海沙更重,所以我冒失发言。
4For arrows of the Mighty [are] with me, Whose poison is drinking up my spirit. Terrors of God array themselves [for] me!
4因为全能者的箭射中我,我的灵喝尽了箭的毒液, 神的惊吓排阵攻击我。
5Brayeth a wild ass over tender grass? Loweth an ox over his provender?
5野驴有草料还会哀鸣吗?牛有饲料还会穷叫吗?
6Eaten is an insipid thing without salt? Is there sense in the drivel of dreams?
6淡而无盐的食物有什么好吃呢?蛋白有什么味道呢?
7My soul is refusing to touch! They [are] as my sickening food.
7这些使我恶心的食物,我必不肯尝。
8O that my request may come, That God may grant my hope!
8切愿被 神剪除但愿我得着我所祈求的,愿 神赐我所盼望的。
9That God would please — and bruise me, Loose His hand and cut me off!
9愿他乐意把我压碎,愿他放手把我剪除。
10And yet it is my comfort, (And I exult in pain — He doth not spare,) That I have not hidden The sayings of the Holy One.
10这样,我们得安慰,在痛苦之中我还可以欢跃,因为我没有否认那圣者的言语。
11What [is] my power that I should hope? And what mine end That I should prolong my life?
11我有什么力量使我能等候呢?我的结局是什么好叫我忍耐呢?
12Is my strength the strength of stones? Is my flesh brazen?
12我的气力是石头一样吗?我的肉身是铜的吗?
13Is not my help with me, And substance driven from me?
13我里面不是无能自助吗?见识不是离我而去吗?
14To a despiser of his friends [is] shame, And the fear of the Mighty he forsaketh.
14责友缺乏爱心朋友应该怜悯灰心的人,因为他舍弃了对全能者的敬畏。
15My brethren have deceived as a brook, As a stream of brooks they pass away.
15我的兄弟诡诈像干涸的溪流,又像流干的溪水;
16That are black because of ice, By them doth snow hide itself.
16水流因冰块融化而混浊,有雪隐藏在其中。
17By the time they are warm they have been cut off, By its being hot they have been Extinguished from their place.
17天气一暖溪水就消失,气候一热就干涸。
18Turn aside do the paths of their way, They ascend into emptiness, and are lost.
18商队顺溪而行,结果偏离原道,走到荒野之地而死亡。
19Passengers of Tema looked expectingly, Travellers of Sheba hoped for them.
19提玛的商队瞻望溪水,示巴的客旅等候水流。
20They were ashamed that one hath trusted, They have come unto it and are confounded.
20他们失望,因为所盼望的落了空;他们到达那里就灰心。
21Surely now ye have become the same! Ye see a downfall, and are afraid.
21现在你们就是这样,看见我的灾难就害怕。
22Is it because I said, Give to me? And, By your power bribe for me?
22难道我说过‘请供给我’,或说‘取你们的财物馈赠我’吗?
23And, Deliver me from the hand of an adversary? And, From the hand of terrible ones ransom me?
23或我说过‘救我脱离敌人的手’,或说‘赎我脱离强暴人的手’吗?
24Shew me, and I — I keep silent, And what I have erred, let me understand.
24劝友说话公平请指教,我就默不作声;请指示,我有什么过错。
25How powerful have been upright sayings, And what doth reproof from you reprove?
25正直的言语多么有力!但你们的责备究竟责备什么呢?
26For reproof — do you reckon words? And for wind — sayings of the desperate.
26绝望人的话不过是风,你们还想批判吗?
27Anger on the fatherless ye cause to fall, And are strange to your friend.
27你们竟抽签得孤儿,拿朋友当货物。
28And, now, please, look upon me, Even to your face do I lie?
28现在请你们看看我,我绝不当你们的面撒谎。
29Turn back, I pray you, let it not be perverseness, Yea, turn back again — my righteousness [is] in it.
29请转意,不要不公道;请再转意,我还有道理在。
30Is there in my tongue perverseness? Discerneth not my palate desirable things?
30我的舌上有不义吗?我的口不能辨别灾害吗?”