1约伯缅怀过往的幸福
1And Job addeth to lift up his simile, and saith: —
2“但愿我的景况像以前的岁月,像 神保守我的日子。
2Who doth make me as [in] months past, As [in] the days of God`s preserving me?
3那时他的灯照在我的头上,我靠着他的光行过黑暗。
3In His causing His lamp to shine on my head, By His light I walk [through] darkness.
4但愿我仍然活在年轻力壮的日子,那时 神在我的帐棚里与我亲密。
4As I have been in days of my maturity, And the counsel of God upon my tent.
5全能者仍然与我同在,我的孩子都环绕我。
5When yet the Mighty One [is] with me. Round about me — my young ones,
6我用油洗脚,磐石为我出油成河。
6When washing my goings with butter, And the firm rock [is] with me rivulets of oil.
7我出到城门那里去,在广场上预备我的座位。
7When I go out to the gate by the city, In a broad place I prepare my seat.
8年轻人看见我,就回避,年老的也起身站立。
8Seen me have youths, and they, been hidden, And the aged have risen — they stood up.
9王子都停止说话,并且用手掩口。
9Princes have kept in words, And a hand they place on their mouth.
10众领袖都不敢作声,他们的舌头紧贴上颚。
10The voice of leaders hath been hidden, And their tongue to the palate hath cleaved.
11耳朵听见我的,就称我有福。眼睛看见我的,就作证称赞我。
11For the ear heard, and declareth me happy, And the eye hath seen, and testifieth [to] me.
12因为我救了呼救的穷人,和无人帮助的孤儿。
12For I deliver the afflicted who is crying, And the fatherless who hath no helper.
13将要灭亡的,为我祝福;我使寡妇的心欢呼。
13The blessing of the perishing cometh on me, And the heart of the widow I cause to sing.
14我以公义作衣服穿上;我的公平好像外袍和冠冕。
14Righteousness I have put on, and it clotheth me, As a robe and a diadem my justice.
15我作了瞎子的眼,瘸子的腿。
15Eyes I have been to the blind, And feet to the lame [am] I.
16我作过贫穷人的父亲,我查究过我素来不认识的人的案件。
16A father I [am] to the needy, And the cause I have not known I search out.
17我打碎了不义的人的牙齿,使捕食的掉下来。
17And I break the jaw-teeth of the perverse, And from his teeth I cast away prey.
18那时我心里想:‘我必在家中安然去世,我必增添我的日子像沙尘那么多。
18And I say, `With my nest I expire, And as the sand I multiply days.`
19我的根蔓延到水边,露水整夜沾在我的枝上。
19My root is open unto the waters, And dew doth lodge on my branch.
20我的荣耀在身上常新,我的弓在我手上重新得力。
20My honour [is] fresh with me, And my bow in my hand is renewed.
21大家都聆听我,等候我;静默无声地领受我的指导。
21To me they have hearkened, Yea, they wait, and are silent for my counsel.
22我说了话以后,他们就不再说,我的言语像雨露一般滴在他们身上。
22After my word they change not, And on them doth my speech drop,
23他们等候我像等候雨水,又大大张嘴如切慕春雨。
23And they wait as [for] rain for me, And their mouth they have opened wide [As] for the latter rain.
24我向他们微笑,他们也不敢相信;他们珍惜我脸上的光。
24I laugh unto them — they give no credence, And the light of my face cause not to fall.
25我为他们选择道路,又坐首位;我像君王住在军队中,又像个安慰悲伤的人。’”
25I choose their way, and sit head, And I dwell as a king in a troop, When mourners he doth comfort.