1Job again took up his parable, and said,
1约伯缅怀过往的幸福
2“Oh that I were as in the months of old, as in the days when God watched over me;
2“但愿我的景况像以前的岁月,像 神保守我的日子。
3when his lamp shone on my head, and by his light I walked through darkness,
3那时他的灯照在我的头上,我靠着他的光行过黑暗。
4as I was in the ripeness of my days, when the friendship of God was in my tent,
4但愿我仍然活在年轻力壮的日子,那时 神在我的帐棚里与我亲密。
5when the Almighty was yet with me, and my children were around me,
5全能者仍然与我同在,我的孩子都环绕我。
6when my steps were washed with butter, and the rock poured out streams of oil for me,
6我用油洗脚,磐石为我出油成河。
7when I went forth to the city gate, when I prepared my seat in the street.
7我出到城门那里去,在广场上预备我的座位。
8The young men saw me and hid themselves. The aged rose up and stood.
8年轻人看见我,就回避,年老的也起身站立。
9The princes refrained from talking, and laid their hand on their mouth.
9王子都停止说话,并且用手掩口。
10The voice of the nobles was hushed, and their tongue stuck to the roof of their mouth.
10众领袖都不敢作声,他们的舌头紧贴上颚。
11For when the ear heard me, then it blessed me; and when the eye saw me, it commended me:
11耳朵听见我的,就称我有福。眼睛看见我的,就作证称赞我。
12Because I delivered the poor who cried, and the fatherless also, who had none to help him,
12因为我救了呼救的穷人,和无人帮助的孤儿。
13the blessing of him who was ready to perish came on me, and I caused the widow’s heart to sing for joy.
13将要灭亡的,为我祝福;我使寡妇的心欢呼。
14I put on righteousness, and it clothed me. My justice was as a robe and a diadem.
14我以公义作衣服穿上;我的公平好像外袍和冠冕。
15I was eyes to the blind, and feet to the lame.
15我作了瞎子的眼,瘸子的腿。
16I was a father to the needy. The cause of him who I didn’t know, I searched out.
16我作过贫穷人的父亲,我查究过我素来不认识的人的案件。
17I broke the jaws of the unrighteous, and plucked the prey out of his teeth.
17我打碎了不义的人的牙齿,使捕食的掉下来。
18Then I said, ‘I shall die in my own house, I shall number my days as the sand.
18那时我心里想:‘我必在家中安然去世,我必增添我的日子像沙尘那么多。
19My root is spread out to the waters. The dew lies all night on my branch.
19我的根蔓延到水边,露水整夜沾在我的枝上。
20My glory is fresh in me. My bow is renewed in my hand.’
20我的荣耀在身上常新,我的弓在我手上重新得力。
21“Men listened to me, waited, and kept silence for my counsel.
21大家都聆听我,等候我;静默无声地领受我的指导。
22After my words they didn’t speak again. My speech fell on them.
22我说了话以后,他们就不再说,我的言语像雨露一般滴在他们身上。
23They waited for me as for the rain. Their mouths drank as with the spring rain.
23他们等候我像等候雨水,又大大张嘴如切慕春雨。
24I smiled on them when they had no confidence. They didn’t reject the light of my face.
24我向他们微笑,他们也不敢相信;他们珍惜我脸上的光。
25I chose out their way, and sat as chief. I lived as a king in the army, as one who comforts the mourners.
25我为他们选择道路,又坐首位;我像君王住在军队中,又像个安慰悲伤的人。’”