1Moreover Elihu answered,
1人的善恶对 神无所损益以利户回答说:
2“Do you think this to be your right, or do you say, ‘My righteousness is more than God’s,’
2“你说:‘我在 神面前更显为义’,你自以为这话有理吗?
3That you ask, ‘What advantage will it be to you? What profit shall I have, more than if I had sinned?’
3你还说:‘你有什么益处呢?我不犯罪有什么好处?’
4I will answer you, and your companions with you.
4我要用言语回答你,和与你在一起的朋友。
5Look to the heavens, and see. See the skies, which are higher than you.
5你要往天仰望观看,细看高过你的云天。
6If you have sinned, what effect do you have against him? If your transgressions are multiplied, what do you do to him?
6你若犯罪,你能使 神受害吗?你的过犯若增多,你又能使他受损吗?
7If you are righteous, what do you give him? Or what does he receive from your hand?
7你若为人正义,你能给他什么呢?他从你手里能领受什么呢?
8Your wickedness may hurt a man as you are, and your righteousness may profit a son of man.
8你的邪恶只能害像你的人,你的公义也只能叫世人得益。
9“By reason of the multitude of oppressions they cry out. They cry for help by reason of the arm of the mighty.
9他们因多受欺压而呼叫,因受强权者的压制而呼求。
10But none says, ‘Where is God my Maker, who gives songs in the night,
10却没有说:‘ 神我的创造主在哪里呢?他使人在夜间歌唱。
11who teaches us more than the animals of the earth, and makes us wiser than the birds of the sky?’
11他教导我们过于教导地上的走兽,使我们有智慧胜于空中的飞鸟。’
12There they cry, but none gives answer, because of the pride of evil men.
12因为恶人骄傲的缘故,他们在那里呼求, 神却不回答。
13Surely God will not hear an empty cry, neither will the Almighty regard it.
13真的, 神必不垂听虚妄的呼求,全能者也必不留意,
14How much less when you say you don’t see him. The cause is before him, and you wait for him!
14更何况你说你不得见他。你的案件在他面前,你忍耐地等候他吧!
15But now, because he has not visited in his anger, neither does he greatly regard arrogance.
15但现在因为他还没有在忿怒中降罚,也不大理会人的过犯;
16Therefore Job opens his mouth with empty talk, and he multiplies words without knowledge.”
16所以约伯开口说空话,多说无知识的话。”