1Then Bildad the Shuhite answered,
1比勒达首次发言
2“How long will you speak these things? Shall the words of your mouth be a mighty wind?
2“这些话你要说到几时,你口中的言语像狂风到几时呢?
3Does God pervert justice? Or does the Almighty pervert righteousness?
3 神怎会歪曲公平?全能者怎会屈枉公义?
4If your children have sinned against him, He has delivered them into the hand of their disobedience.
4你的儿女若得罪了他,他就因他们的过犯撇弃他们。
5If you want to seek God diligently, make your supplication to the Almighty.
5你若殷勤寻求 神,向全能者恳求;
6If you were pure and upright, surely now he would awaken for you, and make the habitation of your righteousness prosperous.
6你若又洁净又正直,他就必为你奋起,复兴你公义的居所。
7Though your beginning was small, yet your latter end would greatly increase.
7你起初虽然微小,到后来必定非常兴旺。
8“Please inquire of past generations. Find out about the learning of their fathers.
8离开 神毫无倚靠请你查问前几代,留意他们列祖所查究的。
9(For we are but of yesterday, and know nothing, because our days on earth are a shadow.)
9我们只是昨天才有的,所以一无所知;我们在世的日子不过是影儿。
10Shall they not teach you, tell you, and utter words out of their heart?
10难道他们不指教你,从心里发出言语来吗?
11“Can the papyrus grow up without mire? Can the rushes grow without water?
11蒲草没有泥,怎能生长?芦苇没有水,怎能长大呢?
12While it is yet in its greenness, not cut down, it withers before any other reed.
12尚青还没有割下来的时候,就比百草先枯槁。
13So are the paths of all who forget God. The hope of the godless man shall perish,
13忘记 神的,他们的末路也是这样;不敬虔的人,他的指望必成泡影。
14Whose confidence shall break apart, Whose trust is a spider’s web.
14他所自恃的,必被折断;他所靠赖的,不过是蜘蛛网。
15He shall lean on his house, but it shall not stand. He shall cling to it, but it shall not endure.
15他倚靠自己的家,家却立不住,他抓紧自己的家,家却存不久。
16He is green before the sun. His shoots go forth over his garden.
16他在阳光之下,枝润叶青,它的嫩枝长满园子,
17His roots are wrapped around the rock pile. He sees the place of stones.
17它的根缠绕石堆,扎入石地之中。
18If he is destroyed from his place, then it shall deny him, saying, ‘I have not seen you.’
18他若从本处被拔除,那处就否认他,说:‘我没有见过你。’
19Behold, this is the joy of his way: out of the earth, others shall spring.
19看哪,这就是他人生的乐趣,往后必有别的人从尘土中生出来。
20“Behold, God will not cast away a blameless man, neither will he uphold the evildoers.
20 神不丢弃完全人看哪, 神必不离弃完全人,也不扶助行恶的人之手;
21He will still fill your mouth with laughter, your lips with shouting.
21他还要以欢笑充满你的口,以欢呼充满你的嘴。
22Those who hate you shall be clothed with shame. The tent of the wicked shall be no more.”
22恨你的都必以羞耻为衣,恶人的帐棚必归于无有。”