1Listen, sons, to a father’s instruction. Pay attention and know understanding;
1持定训诲、不偏左右孩子们,要听父亲的教训,留心学习哲理;
2for I give you sound learning. Don’t forsake my law.
2因为我授予你们的,是美好的学问,我的训诲,你们不可离弃。
3For I was a son to my father, tender and an only child in the sight of my mother.
3我在我父亲面前还是小孩子,在我母亲面前是独一的娇儿的时候,
4He taught me, and said to me: “Let your heart retain my words. Keep my commandments, and live.
4父亲教导我,对我说:“你的心要持守我的话,你要遵守我的诫命,就可以存活;
5Get wisdom. Get understanding. Don’t forget, neither swerve from the words of my mouth.
5要求取智慧和哲理,不可忘记,也不可偏离我口中的话。
6Don’t forsake her, and she will preserve you. Love her, and she will keep you.
6不可离弃智慧,智慧就必护卫你;喜爱智慧,智慧就必看顾你。
7Wisdom is supreme. Get wisdom. Yes, though it costs all your possessions, get understanding.
7智慧的开端(“智慧的开端”或译:“智慧是首要的”)是求取智慧,要用你所得的一切换取哲理。
8Esteem her, and she will exalt you. She will bring you to honor, when you embrace her.
8你要高举智慧,智慧就必使你高升;你要怀抱智慧,智慧就必使你得尊荣。
9She will give to your head a garland of grace. She will deliver a crown of splendor to you.”
9智慧必把华冠加在你头上,把荣冕赐给你。”
10Listen, my son, and receive my sayings. The years of your life will be many.
10我儿,你要听,并要接受我所说的,这样,你就必延年益寿。
11I have taught you in the way of wisdom. I have led you in straight paths.
11我指教你走智慧的道,引导你行正直的路。
12When you go, your steps will not be hampered. When you run, you will not stumble.
12你行走的时候,脚步必不会受阻碍;你奔跑的时候,也不会跌倒。
13Take firm hold of instruction. Don’t let her go. Keep her, for she is your life.
13你要坚守教训,不可放松;要谨守教训,因为那是你的生命。
14Don’t enter into the path of the wicked. Don’t walk in the way of evil men.
14不可走进恶人的路径,不可踏上坏人的道路。
15Avoid it, and don’t pass by it. Turn from it, and pass on.
15要躲避,不可从那里经过,要转身离去。
16For they don’t sleep, unless they do evil. Their sleep is taken away, unless they make someone fall.
16因为他们不行恶,就不能入睡;不使人跌倒,就要失眠。
17For they eat the bread of wickedness, and drink the wine of violence.
17他们吃的,是奸恶的饭;他们喝的,是强暴的酒。
18But the path of the righteous is like the dawning light, that shines more and more until the perfect day.
18义人的路径却像黎明的曙光,越来越明亮,直到日午。
19The way of the wicked is like darkness. They don’t know what they stumble over.
19恶人的道路幽暗,他们不知道自己因什么跌倒。
20My son, attend to my words. Turn your ear to my sayings.
20我儿,要留心听我的话,侧耳听我所说的。
21Let them not depart from your eyes. Keep them in the midst of your heart.
21不可让它们离开你的眼目,要谨记在你的心中。
22For they are life to those who find them, and health to their whole body.
22因为得着它们就是得着生命,整个人也得着医治。
23Keep your heart with all diligence, for out of it is the wellspring of life.
23你要谨守你的心,胜过谨守一切,因为生命的泉源由此而出。
24Put away from yourself a perverse mouth. Put corrupt lips far from you.
24你要除掉欺诈的口,远离乖谬的嘴唇。
25Let your eyes look straight ahead. Fix your gaze directly before you.
25你双眼要向前正视,你的眼睛要向前直望。
26Make the path of your feet level. Let all of your ways be established.
26你要谨慎你脚下的路径,你一切所行的就必稳妥。
27Don’t turn to the right hand nor to the left. Remove your foot from evil.
27不可偏左偏右,要使你的脚远离恶事。