1欲以诚实折服约伯
1And yet, I pray thee, O Job, Hear my speech and [to] all my words give ear.
2我现在开口,用舌头发言;
2Lo, I pray thee, I have opened my mouth, My tongue hath spoken in the palate.
3我的话表明我心中的正直,我所知道的,我的嘴唇就诚诚实实地说出来。
3Of the uprightness of my heart [are] my sayings, And knowledge have my lips clearly spoken.
4 神的灵创造了我,全能者的气使我存活。
4The Spirit of God hath made me, And the breath of the Mighty doth quicken me.
5你若能够办得到,就回答我,用话语攻击我,表明立场,当面攻击我。
5If thou art able — answer me, Set in array before me — station thyself.
6在 神面前我与你一样,也是用土捏造的。
6Lo, I [am], according to thy word, for God, From the clay I — I also, have been formed.
7我的威严必不惊吓你,我的压力也不加重在你身上。
7Lo, my terror doth not frighten thee, And my burden on thee is not heavy.
8你所说的,我已经听见了,也听到你言语的声音,说:
8Surely — thou hast said in mine ears, And the sounds of words I hear:
9‘我是洁净的,毫无过犯;我是清白的,没有罪孽。
9`Pure [am] I, without transgression, Innocent [am] I, and I have no iniquity.
10 神找机会攻击我,把我当作仇敌;
10Lo, occasions against me He doth find, He doth reckon me for an enemy to Him,
11他把我的两脚上了木狗,又鉴察我一切所行的。’
11He doth put in the stocks my feet, He doth watch all my paths.`
12我要告诉你,你这话错了,因为 神比世人大。
12Lo, [in] this thou hast not been righteous, I answer thee, that greater is God than man.
13你为什么对 神争辩,说:‘无论世人的什么话,他都不回答’呢?
13Wherefore against Him hast thou striven, When [for] all His matters He answereth not?
14原来 神用这个方法或那个方法说了,只是,世人没有留意。
14For once doth God speak, and twice, (He doth not behold it.)
15世人都在床上打盹,沉睡临到他们的时候, 神用异梦与夜间的异象,
15In a dream — a vision of night, In the falling of deep sleep on men, In slumberings on a bed.
16告诉他们,他坚定他们所得的训诲,
16Then He uncovereth the ear of men, And for their instruction sealeth:
17好叫人离开自己的恶行,又叫人与骄傲隔绝,
17To turn aside man [from] doing, And pride from man He concealeth.
18拦阻人的性命不下在坑里,又阻止他的生命不死在刀下。
18He keepeth back his soul from corruption, And his life from passing away by a dart.
19 神教训人的方法人在床上被痛苦惩治,他的骨头不住地痛苦挣扎,
19And he hath been reproved With pain on his bed, And the strife of his bones [is] enduring.
20以致他的生命厌恶食物,他的胃口也厌恶美食,
20And his life hath nauseated bread, And his soul desirable food.
21他的肌肉消瘦以致看不见,以前看不见的骨头,现在都凸出来。
21His flesh is consumed from being seen, And high are his bones, they were not seen!
22他的性命接近深坑,他的生命靠近灭命的天使。
22And draw near to the pit doth his soul, And his life to those causing death.
23在一千位天使之中,若有一位作人的中保,指示人当行的事,
23If there is by him a messenger, An interpreter — one of a thousand, To declare for man his uprightness:
24恩待他,说:‘救赎他免下深坑;我已经得到了赎价。’
24Then He doth favour him and saith, `Ransom him from going down to the pit, I have found an atonement.`
25他的肌肉就比孩童的更嫩,他更恢复满有青春活力的日子。
25Fresher [is] his flesh than a child`s, He returneth to the days of his youth.
26他向 神祈求, 神就喜悦他,他也欢呼着朝见 神的面,人又恢复自己的义。
26He maketh supplication unto God, And He accepteth him. And he seeth His face with shouting, And He returneth to man His righteousness.
27他在人面前歌唱,说:‘我犯了罪,颠倒是非,但我没有受到应得的报应。
27He looketh on men, and saith, `I sinned, And uprightness I have perverted, And it hath not been profitable to me.
28他救赎我的性命免入深坑,我的生命必得见光明。’
28He hath ransomed my soul From going over into the pit, And my life on the light looketh.`
29 神总是三番四次,向人行这一切事,
29Lo, all these doth God work, Twice — thrice with man,
30要把人的性命从深坑里救回来,好使活人之光光照他。
30To bring back his soul from the pit, To be enlightened with the light of the living.
31约伯啊,你当留心听我,当默不作声,我要说话。
31Attend, O Job, hearken to me, Keep silent, and I — I do speak.
32你若有话说,就请回答我;你只管说吧,因为我愿意以你为义。
32If there are words — answer me, Speak, for I have a desire to justify thee.
33你若没有话说,就要听我说,你当默不作声,我就把智慧教导你。”
33If there are not — hearken thou to me, Keep silent, and I teach thee wisdom.